The company is on track to exceed its 2025 goal to reduce operational emissions by 25%
“With growth and leadership comes responsibility. We take our role as a responsible corporate citizen seriously – throughout our company and across the global value chain,” said
The company made significant ESG strides in 2022, compared to 2021, including:
- Increased purchase of post-consumer recycled plastic by 28% thanks to significant customer collaborations
- Increased circular plastic purchased by 21% through investments in Berry Circular Polymers and partnerships with key resin suppliers
- Achieved Scope 3 GHG emissions target four years in advance and increased the target accordingly
- Reduced Scope 1 and 2 (operational) GHG emissions by 5% and Scope 3 (value chain) GHG emissions by 5%
Increased percentage in women in salaried roles by 5% and of people of color in
U.S.-based salaried roles by 6% making progress against the company’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) goals
- Increased average training hours per team member by 35% a result of greater investment in workforce development
- Increased the number of suppliers evaluated in our risk management software by 353% scoring each company on environment, labor and human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement
In the environmental section of the report, Berry announced 79% of its fast-moving consumer products are now reusable, recyclable, and/or compostable and its European flexible films division more than doubled the use of recycled content in packaging products to 10,500 metric tons. To date, Berry has reduced Scope 3 GHG emissions from its supply chain by 9%, making progress against its SBTi-validated 2025 goal to decrease absolute Scope 3 GHG emissions by 25% (from a 2019 baseline). The company also reported an overall reduction in product weight, landfill waste, and water use.
Regarding the company's social goals, Berry reported surpassing its target of reducing its Total Recordable Incident Rate below one, achieving a rate of 0.82 – well below the industry rate of 3.5. The company conducted its second
Download the 2022 Impact Report from Berry Global’s website.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230321005350/en/
Berry Global Media Contact: