The first-to-market multidose antimicrobial dropper to help prevent eye microbial infections for patients.
Activated Rispharm™, the first-to-market multidose antimicrobial dropper to help prevent eye microbial infections for patients, will be introduced at Pharmapack 2022 (18th & 19th May in Paris). Developed in a strategic commercial partnership between BERRY GLOBAL, a leading provider of innovative packaging and engineered products, and PYLOTE, a key player in the industrial mineral chemistry, the solution will be presented on the Berry Global stand (A60). Activated Rispharm™ will also be submitted into the 2022 Pharmapack Awards and will be seen at the exhibition’s Innovation Gallery.
Pylote’s patented mineral technology – microspheres – is embedded into the resin masterbatch, and is fully recyclable, thus supporting efforts towards sustainability.
Activated Rispharm™ offers significant benefits including:
- Proven and certified antimicrobial mineral protection of dropper tip where over 85% of the contamination of the drops is found according to clinical study (Nentwich et al, Br J Ophthalmol 91(10): 1265-68).
- Proven and certified effectiveness against Adenovirus type 3 (conjunctivitis), Escherichia Coli and Staphylococcus aureus.
- Allows patients to have hygienic applications for every use with a multidose dropper.
- Reduces the amount of plastic waste by 16 times for one month treatment compared to monodose solutions.
- No change in patient treatment methods.
- Fully compliant, stable and biocompatible while certified non-irritant and non-cytotoxic technology (ISO10993:2010)
- No modifications required to packaging design or existing manufacturing/filling processes
Learn more about our range of healthcare packaging.